Ward K. Brown
Ward K. Brown is an AV-rated trial attorney who primarily works to secure just compensation on behalf of landowners in condemnation and eminent domain cases. After serving as a law clerk for two judges, Ward joined a law firm on the Country Club Plaza where he gained extensive experience in handling a variety of litigation matters including insurance, construction law and product liability cases, among others. Before joining Withers, Brant, Ward served as lead trial counsel for the Kansas City, Missouri’s Tax Increment Financing Commission in acquiring more than 200 properties. Since joining the firm in 2001, Ward has successfully represented landowners in numerous condemnation actions in various counties throughout the State of Missouri.
Ward’s current practice also includes construction law, land use, insurance law, product liability and general trial practice.
Ward is a lifetime Northland resident and currently resides in Liberty. Ward's wife Michelle is a middle school guidance counselor and former 1st grade teacher. Ward and Michelle have two daughters, Allie and Haley. Ward formerly was a professional musician (pedal steel guitar and guitar).
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Condemnation/Eminent Domain - Construction Law
- Land Use & Zoning - Insurance Law
- Local Government - General Trial Practice
- Product Liability
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth, Ninth, and Tenth Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
LEGAL & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Missouri Bar Association
- Eminent Domain Committee, Missouri Bar
- Clay County Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Construction Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Eminent Domain and Litigation Committees
- Jackson County CASA (former Board Chair and Volunteer Attorney)
- Tri-County Mental Health Foundation (Board President)
- Liberty Hospital Foundation (former Board President)
- Liberty School District Foundation (former Board Chair)
- Blue Jay Nation, Liberty High School (Founding President)