Landon W. Magnusson
Landon Magnusson is a uniquely experienced appellate advocate. After graduating from law school, Landon honed his skills under the tutelage of appellate judges during clerkships on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and the Supreme Court of Missouri. Since then, he has taken on and won a number of appeals in both federal and state appellate courts. Landon excels in carefully breaking down the complicated law and facts of his cases and then presenting clear and simple resolutions to both judges and clients.
Although he focuses his practice on appeals and bet-the-farm motions, Landon also takes on a large variety of complex litigation, from tort and contract matters to banking and construction cases. Examples in the past include cases where he has served as lead or co-counsel in matters ranging from failed construction projects and botched cattle sales, to mass tort and First Amendment claims. Landon does not walk away from the hard stuff.
On days when Landon is not serving his clients, he spends his time taking his three little children to the zoo, refining his skills in proper lawn care, catching up on the latest French political scandals, and discovering his next favorite indie rock band.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Appeals Practice - Contract Issues
- Civil Litigation - Banking
- Habeas Corpus - Construction
- Tort Issues
- U.S Court of Appeals for the Seventh, Eighth, and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Western & Eastern Districts of Missouri and the District of Kansas
LEGAL & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Eighth Circuit Bar Association - Board Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association - Appellate Practice Committee Vice Chair
- BYU Alumni Association - Kansas City Chapter Board Member
- Liberty Area Chamber of Commerce - Board Member
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- American Bar Association, Council of Appellate Lawyers