Thomas C. Capps joined the firm in 1993. He brings decades of experience to his practice with forty-two years’ experience in jury and non-jury trials in state and federal courts, thirty-five years representing governmental entities such as local school districts and municipalities, and over 1,000 family law matters resolved by settlement or trial. He is also the former Assistant Clay County Counselor and has served as a municipal judge for the City of Liberty since 1985.
An AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, Tom’s practice lies in the areas of general civil litigation (personal injury and commercial), family law (dissolution of marriage, custody, and support), real estate, and representing governmental entities. He is also a trained and experienced mediator (general civil, domestic relations, and family law).
Tom and his wife Marcia have four children: Kathryn, Patrick, Daniel, and Scott.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Civil Litigation - Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation - Family Law
- Real Estate - Wills
- Missouri Bar Association
- Clay County Bar Association (president, 1995)
- Missouri Municipal and Associate Circuit Judge Association
- Clay-Platte Municipal Judges Association (president, 1991)
- Sons of the American Revolution (former local chapter president)
- Liberty Area Chamber of Commerce (former member board of directors)
- Clay County Archives (former member Board of Trustees)